Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Monday, October 25, 2004

A Correction

posted by Jazz at 10/25/2004 01:08:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

Earlier this weekend I published a piece on the fun situations you encounter when husbands and wives or other members of families live in the same household but belong to different political parties during such a contentious election season. In that essay, I apparently allowed a slight typo to make it through the spell checker and accidentally referred to my wife, Georg, as a "commie loving, tree hugging, bloodthirsty nihilistic liberal."

Several of you were kind enough to e-mail me last night inquiring if I had been comfortable and able to get enough sleep on the sofa bed. (Thanks for the concern.) It never came to that, but after reading it, my darling spouse did offer a correction which, in the interest of journalistic accuracy, I shall pass along here. Surprisingly, it wasn't the type of correction you might expect. She simply said, in that deadpan, Democratic way,

"I'm a bit more liberal than that."

So... consider that a correction. The original sentence should have read, my wife is "...somewhat to the left of a commie loving, tree hugging, bloodthirsty nihilistic liberal."

We apologize for any errors in original coverage.