Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Friday, October 15, 2004

O'Reilly Really IS Multicultural and Moderate!

posted by Jazz at 10/15/2004 03:08:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

I've been wrong about so many things lately that I've considered throwing myself into the crater of Mt. St. Helens once it errupts. However one thing that I was positive that I'd nailed correctly was the fact that Bill O'Reilly is an evil archconservative, pretilly posing as an almost undecided moderate to gain some journalistic street cred. Well, it's seems I missed on that one too. As James Wolcott explains today, evidence offered in his sexual harassment suit demonstrates that Bill is actually a multicultural renneisance man. Here's a taste:

'He regales the complaintant--and I think we all know how scary O'Reilly can be when he starts regaling--with stories about threesomes with Swedish stewardesses (Penthouse Forum fantasy, circa 1979), being massaged in Thailand by "a small brown woman" (he could consult the back pages of the Village Voice or NY Press and save himself the airfare), and the prospect of hitting on "hot" Italian women during his visit to the Vatican.

What this tells me that is Bill O'Reilly is far more multicultural than he has let on to his duped fans, deceiving them cruelly.'



Who knew? You'll need to read the entire entry on Wolcott's site to get the full, savory flavor of snark unleashed. And if you enjoy that, be sure to check out his book Attack Poodles. Hey, I'm a Republican and even I loved it.