Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Friday, October 15, 2004

Premonition

posted by Jazz at 10/15/2004 09:34:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

I recently received, as a gift, a collection of Lewis Black's early comedy works on DVD. I've had the pleasure of meeting Lewis a few times now, and the guy is simply one of the best comics out there. His work on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart is one of the highlights of their program.

In the summer of 2000 he was doing a gig in New York. The last presidential election was in full swing, and he delivered the following bit of wisdom which, in retrospect, makes him look like a modern day Nostradamus.

"In my lifetime, I went from Eisenhower vs. Kennedy to George W. Bush vs. Al Gore. If this is evolution, in twelve years we'll be voting for houseplants. I have one. His name is Phil. O. Dendrum."

Get out the write in ballots. I'm voting for Phil early and often.