Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

In Breslin's World

posted by Jazz at 11/02/2004 10:29:00 AM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

Hat Tip to Joe Gandelman for this column from sage pundit Jimmy Breslin. Very early in this election season, Breslin predicted that Kerry was not only going to win, but that he would win decisively. Now he appears more sure than ever- so sure, in fact, that he doesn't even plan on staying up to watch the election returns on television tonight.

"Now I am so sure that I am not even going to bother to watch the results tonight. I am going to bed early, for I must rise in the darkness and pursue immediately an exciting, overdue project. Besides, if I was up, so many people, upon seeing every word I said of this election coming true on television in front of them, would be kissing my hands and embarrassing me with outlandish praise. So I go to bed with total confidence. I will get up and stroll to other meadows."

You have to admire the man's hopeful spirit and confidence. I have no such feeling of assurance, but then again, Breslin has been around the block many more times than I. Let's hope that he's as prescient on this as he has been on other things in the past. Read the whole column. You'll likely have a smile on your face after you do.