Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas in Mosul

posted by Jazz at 12/27/2004 01:49:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

The Iraqis aren't getting Turkey and David Letterman. From A Star in Mosul:

Okay, I've sent only 3 letters now and I discovered that the electricity will go off in 30 minutes so, I won't be able to send more letters I guess!! Sorry..

We went to school today, it was raining heavily, and it didn't make me feel well. But, when we reached school, they sent us back to our houses. I don't know when will we be able to go back to school and start a stable year.


We're running out of bread, and the bakery shops aren't having enough gasoil (I can't distinguish between gasoline, gasoil or anything else), and this is a problem.. Some people are freezing in their houses from the cold weather and they have no gasoil to turn on their heaters (That's something else I'm not sure of its name, I don't think you even use it!).

Plus, I was telling mom that I'll need to take a shower today when dad told me that I'll have to wait till Thursday; we're not getting enough electricity to heat the water, and we don't have enough gasoil to heat it on fire.


Yes, it looks like we're going back to the dark ages and mom will soon have to bake the bread by herself..


Not much to say but, "oy."