Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Break Out the Shovels

posted by Jazz at 1/22/2005 02:39:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

While I'm sure that it's nothing like the horrors that North Carolina faces, upstate New York is getting hammered with yet another "winter wonderland festival." I'm sure we'll be breaking out the shovel at least five times between today and tomorrow, though it won't stop us from going to our traditional Sunday breakfast. I'm glad to see I'm not the only blogger dealing with this. From Poetic Leanings.
I thought I was being funny when I joked that the winter storm system heading my way would be a foot of snow all hitting at one time. I might not have been that far off from the truth. Now they are calling for over two feet of snow in some areas. My neck of the woods is right on the line between six inches to a foot and a foot and eighteen inches. Yikes! Anyone want to come over and shovel so that my surgically repaired back does not have to risk it?!
Yes, indeed. "It's beginning to look a lot like crap out." (In your head, sing that to the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.") For any of you bored enough to be cruising blogs on a Saturday, feel free to leave any thoughts, links, tips, insults, etc. I'm sure we're not going far for a while.

Oh... and what do you think of the new buttons in the control panel under the banner? They'll probably change a few times before we settle on a final design, but it's a first stab.

Edit: Here's a nice shot from our front deck looking down towards some of our neighbors' houses. And this was only after the first hour of snow. It's supposed to keep coming for another 24 hours. (Yes, that's actually a road under there someplace. And yes, it's really that dark just after mid day.) Click on image for full size picture.