Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Laugh Until You Lacerate

posted by Jazz at 1/12/2005 01:10:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

I found this item at the Left Coaster after following a link from Tbogg. I'd like to post more, but I can't stop laughing. Apparently, this is an excerpt from Kitty Kelley's book on the Bush family, so we can't stand 100% behind its veracity, but it's still funny as all hell.

Page 253: At Andover, George W. Bush writes a morose essay about his sister's death. Searching for a synonym for "tears," he consults a thesaurus and writes, "And the lacerates ran down my cheeks." A teacher labels the paper "disgraceful."