Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Something in the air

posted by Jazz at 1/29/2005 02:40:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

Sorry for the lack of posts this morning, but the Saturday project is coming to fruition. The house smells absolutely amazing right now. After I asked for people to submit chili recipies, I got quite a few of them. (Thank you!) I'll likely try them all, but you have to start someplace. I took one of them and spent quite a while doing all the prep cooking and am now within a couple hours of having a crockpot full of amazing chili.

Since I didn't get permission to post the recipie or say who sent it, you'll have to use your imagination. But I will say that this recipie won the coveted first place spot in the somebody's office chili cookoff competition. Mmmm... frying up a bunch of peppers and garlic and onions just starts the day off right. The beef and sausage and everything else are making me drool.