Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Friday, January 21, 2005

Touching Nerves, I Suppose

posted by Jazz at 1/21/2005 10:19:00 AM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

Yesterday, feeling in an unusually light hearted mood for "Black Thursday", I published a short, fun spoof of an interview with God about the recent nasty turn of the weather in North Carolina, where conservative blogger Betsy Newmark lives. It seriously was only intended to be good clean fun, and I even stopped by Betsy's comment section to indicate I was just kidding around and that I was glad she had made it home ok.

Well, apparently she took offense at that piece anyway, going so far as to call me "less than kind." (ouch.) As I said, it really was intended solely as a bit of fun combining politics and the weather (which none of us can do anything about anyway) so I was sitting down and preparing to send an apology for any unintentionally hurt feelings.

That's when I saw this:
I'm watching the Inaugural now and thinking with elicious (sic) spite of all the people who are so furious now and how consumed with bitterness they must be. Heh.

I wonder how much Clinton and Carter are enjoying this. Double heh!
Let's see... you sat in a car for seven hours.

I get to sit through four more terror inducing years with The Worst President Ever ™ in Washington.

You know, since we seem to be willing to let the schadenfreude flow freely during inauguration week, I'm suddenly not feeling so apologetic anymore. Not mean spirited, not hateful, not inclined to say anything else out of malice - just ... not very apologetic.