Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Alan Alda: "I'm an actor"

posted by Jazz at 2/13/2005 10:11:00 AM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

Watching some of the usual TV fare today, I tuned into CBS Sunday Morning. One of the guests was Alan Alda. He was asked about his current story arc on The West Wing where he plays a Republican running for President. The question was, given his liberal, progressive Democratic background, could he really play that role if he won the race, since he would have to recite a bunch of lines espousing the GOP agenda. His answer?

"Come on. I'm an actor. I've played a murderer! I can certainly play a Republican."