Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Monday, February 07, 2005

Cheney: "I'm out of here."

posted by Jazz at 2/07/2005 07:58:00 AM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

Don't get your hopes up. He doesn't mean right now. When asked whether he would run for president on the GOP ticket in '08, Darth Cheney responded,

"I will say just as hard as I possibly know how to say ... 'If nominated, I will not run,' 'If elected, I will not serve,' or not only no, but 'Hell no,' " Cheney told "Fox News Sunday," making clear he intends to retire from politics at the end of his current term.

"... I've got my plans laid out. I'm going to serve this president for the next four years, and then I'm out of here."

That's a pity, Dick. You could have faked a heart attack again and left now. None of your supporters would blame you, and most of the world would have thrown a party. So... what does the Second Misinformer in Chief plan to do with is future?
"I've still got a lot of rivers I'd like to fish and time I'd like to spend with my grandkids, and so this is my last tour. I don't plan to run for anything,"
Lovely. He gets to cook the books and sell a bogus Middle East war to the nation, lead us to thousands of deaths and help implement programs that cripple the economy, and what does he get? A nice gold watch and a section of trout stream. If there were any justice, Dick, you would be running for something. Your life.