Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Complete Michael Jackson Coverage

posted by Jazz at 2/15/2005 03:37:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

This, from Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: 1com·plete
brought to an end: CONCLUDED <a complete period of time>

That is to say, this is all of the coverage of the Michael Jackson trial that you'll be seeing from me. (Not that other authors here might not cover it, but I certainly won't be reading those posts.) If you are really interested, I suggest you check in regularly with The Moderate Voice. Joe Gandelman seems to be keeping up with it.

Now... for my one and only statement. (At least until this trial is finished.)

I am so sick of this guy that doctors from the Mayo clinic keep calling, begging me to come in for an exam so they can name this new sickness after themselves. I've gotten to the point that I'll turn off CNN when he shows up. (And trust me.. it takes a lot for me to turn off CNN Headline News.) I made my mistake in the 90's. I got sucked into the O.J. Simpson trial until it devoured my life. If I'd been blogging ten years ago or more, you'd probably have blacklisted this blog because it would have been nothing but 24/7 OJ rants and news stories. I'm not doing it again, and I'm glad.

Most celebrity trials are bad enough, but this one is odious beyond description for me. I'll confess that I'm generally creeped out by "Jacko" and I can't stand even looking at him, say nothing of talking about him. I don't know if all of the running allegations against the man are true. If they are not, then I hope he's not convicted, but he's still way to weird for me. If they are, then I hope he fries and rots in hell with all other rapists and child molesters. Either way, I just don't want to know. My world is ugly enough without dealing with him.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.