Running Scared: Observations of a Former Republican
[Home] [Former Republican] [About the Authors] [RSS Feed] [Pointless Vanity]

"Losing my faith in humanity ... one neocon at a time."

Friday, February 18, 2005

Some Good Stuff for Friday Afternoon Reading

posted by Jazz at 2/18/2005 03:12:00 PM

NOTE: YOU ARE VIEWING AN ARCHIVED POST AT RUNNING SCARED'S OLD BLOG. PLEASE VISIT THE NEW BLOG HERE.

On the odd chance that Blogger actually allows us to post anything, here are some odds and ends that may be of interest to you from some of my favorite haunts around Blogistan and some new places as well.

Today is the 33rd birthday of Atrios. Go give him some love. (Who knew he was such a young punk?)

Do you like Michael Medved? James Wolcott doesn't. And we all know what happens when somebody raises Wolcott's ire. You won't want to miss this one. (Caution. Set down all beverages and food before reading.)

Was the bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima terrorism? I'm going to hold out on (public) judgement of this, but Ron will get you thinking about it over at MEJ.

One aspect of the new Bush "Look, Ma', I can pull a budget out of a rabbit's ass" Budget which I never commented on was the impact on farmers. The One True Tami (blessed is her name) will enlighten you on this.

A Dog Named Jazz. You know, Doug... I'd be offended if I wasn't laughing my ass off. Lovely picture. (Don't just look at Doug's dog pictures. Read his blog. He may not be a "librul" but he's got an even handed view on the political landscape which I respect.)

"The body accepts inversion. The line away from earth is straight and perfect." (If I told you this story involved ballet and smoking, you'd probably not read it.)

I'm a sucker for Jim Morrison. Prophet or Madman takes you beyond the normal bounds of reality.

And to conclude, though you may be sick of one of my all time favorites... The Tea Nazi Cometh. Run in fear, puny mortals.

I'm going to go eat some hot wings and play a little darts. Hopefully I shall survive to check in with you later. Enjoy your Friday, loyal readers.